Friday 12 February 2010

Change of Record Label...

Originally I was going to have my band The Disadvantaged signed to an independent record label. I chose to have them signed to The Echo Label, as it was an independent label and had similar acts who had a similar sound to that of the band I had created for this project. Due to the song I have made my video for being by Florence + The Machine and the tracklist of the album I have created also being songs from this particular music acts album, I decided to choose The Echo Label as the music act Bat For Lashes was at one point also signed to this same label, and from looking at songs by this artist, they have quite a similar sound to that of Florence + The Machine's.

However, when looking for The Echo Label's logo to put on the back cover of my digipack, I found it quite hard to find the labels actual logo, particuarly as its not the best known of music labels. Due to this I decided to change my bands record label to the Warner Brothers Record Label, as despite the fact it is one of the five major labels in the music industry, they still sign smaller bands that have a more unique sound and image compared to other major bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment