Here is my finished version of the video I have made for the song 'You've Got The Love'. Everything is now finished and I'm now happy with the finished product.
Wednesday, 24 March 2010
Monday, 22 March 2010
Wednesday, 17 March 2010
After saving the original image of Sam's picture that I took for the digipack onto my memory stick and re-saving it onto the computer at school, I've finally managed to edit her photo, add it in with the rest of my front cover and have now finally finished it. Here is the finished product...
Wednesday, 10 March 2010
As I wrote in my last post, during the crit session we had last week the people in my class suggested I come up with new images and ideas to replace certain parts of my video in order to make it less repetitive. I was planning to possibly get the members of my band together, take pictures of them and make them move using the same photo animation technique. I was also planning to do this with the image of the couple, getting more pictures of them and again adding them into my video using photo animation again. Unfortunately, I've been unable to get all five members of my group together at once, due to four of the members being too busy and one of the members being away at university. Therefore, I've had to continue with the same images I already had in my original video, and have instead moved certain images around in different orders so as not to make it as repetitive. By viewing the video back with new editing, I think that it has been improved and doesn't look as repetitive as it originally did. So for now it looks like my video is finally finished!
Wednesday, 3 March 2010
Recently in one of our lessons, we had a crit session where all of the class showed their music videos to each other for the first time for feedback on what everyone thought so far. The feedback my music video received was overall quite positive, and a number of people in my class liked the imagery that I have included in my video. The photo animation technique that I used throughout my video was liked, particuarly the images that I had used of the couple moving towards each other and hugging. There were some areas though that people thought I could improve on, the main one being the pictures I used in my video being too repetitive. They thought it would look quite a bit better if I used other images instead of using certain ones over and over again. I will be taking this into consideration and over the next week or so will be finding new images and ideas that I can use to make the video not as repetitive as it currently is.
Friday, 12 February 2010
I've nearly finished putting together the front cover of my digipack. I decided to use the same pictures of my band members for the front cover as the ones I had used for each band members individual section inside of the digipack, though instead of using the full sized ones I cropped the image so that only the band members faces and part of the background is in the image. I still need to add one more of the band members images, Sam, into the final version of the front cover. However I might not be able to do this until after half term as I can't seem to find the original version of the picture I took of her in my pictures at school. I will have to save the original picture of her onto my memory stick from my laptop at home and then bring it into school after half term and add her image in then.
This is my front cover so far, minus the fifth band member Sam...